Monday, July 20, 2009

Thinking of a master plan...


I got to go home and eat my snack and take my nap last Friday. I never went on that 5k run... What I did on Saturday more than made up for it though. It was such an awesome weekend..

Friday night was spent master planning our adventure to Mexico, Belize, and Guatemala. We have the route all planned out and we're even going to buy our one-way tickets to Mexico soon! For a three month expedition we figured out that we need $4000 each. This is a GENEROUS estimation, but better to have more than enough than not! We are going to find an organic farm in Belize to work on for free lodging and food through an organization called WWOOF. My friend Melissa is in her seventh month of travels in Central America and spent a few of them working on a farm in Mexico. I read about one farm in Belize that takes care of abused, neglected, and abandoned children. They grow food and have animals and the children go to school and live there. I would love to do something like that. We're planning on spending the first 2-3 weeks travelling around the Yucatan Peninsula seeing the Mayan ruins and caves there and then taking a bus into Belize. If I have extra money before or after the farm stay in Belize I want to get scuba certified. And after we've spent a couple of months in Belize, we will trek across Guatemala and flight back home from Chiapas, Mexico. All of this planning has motivated both of us- big time- to make it happen. It's going to be amazing. And I truly believe that it will change our lives for good.

Saturday we went to the Farmer's Market and loaded up on fresh veggies and even a whole salmon! We have an abundance of food:) After that we went to a 5 1/2 hour Parkour workshop put on by Rafe Kelley from Parkour Visions in Seattle at CrossFit Portland. It was super fun. And SUPER hard. I was glad I didn't do that run on Friday and even took the day off on Sunday too. We practiced a lot of the basics of Parkour: quadrupedal movement, going under things, vaulting over things, rolls and break falls, flying under bars, traversing across and climbing around on bars, and - oh yeah- running. We were so exhausted afterwards. It was well worth the $60 and is something I think everyone should do! After that we treated ourselves to an evening out with sweet potato fries, IPAs, and chicken nachos.. again- worth it. I hadn't had a gluten-filled beer in about a month.. delicious. We watched "The Octogon" with Chuck Norris and I slept incredibly well that night.

Sunday we went to our new favorite organic farm on Sauvie Island, Bella Organic, and picked close to 30 pounds of blueberries. Woah. Freezer is FULL. We will have blueberries and strawberries (from our last trip) for months. We spent the rest of the day relaxing and eating more (homemade this time) nachos and creating our master plan...

I'm feeling pretty good about my life. I have faith that Ramman and I can figure this shit out together and we'll look back on our crazy life when we are old and smile. Now that we have made a decision to go to Central America, we're going.. the journey starts now. After this adventure there will be many more, in all forms that life presents to us.. We are ready to focus our energy and follow our path, side by side:)

No comments:

Post a Comment