Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Liberation!

Last Thursday evening I got in my car to drive out to Beaverton where Ramman was already at the adult gymnastics class we like to go to. I was going to be late so he got a ride with someone and I was going to get there just in time to do a few handstands and flips into the pit and then go home. But the car didn't want to go. It tried, bless it's heart, it tried. I had to turn around, say a prayer that it wouldn't crap out on HW-26 and that I would get home safely. I did. The next day I take 'er in. A few hours later they call to give me the news... the Honda is real sick. And old. 21 years old to be exact. 152k. And it was running on 3 out of 4 cylinders. Now, I don't really know what the hell a cylinder is or does. But now I know that it is a part of the engine.. and the engine needs all 4 of them.. and anything having to do with fixing an engine is ridiculously expensive. Like more than what my little '89 Honda Civic is worth. Like at least a GRAND. And that's not including the other shit that was wrong with it. So, it's time to say farewell to my cute little car, it has served me well.. and GOOD RIDDANCE. Ever since I started driving, I have had car issues after car issues. So instead of being stressed 'Oh no! What will I do without a car?' or upset 'I'm screwed without a car!' -I am free. Free from paying for car insurance. Free from paying for gas. Free from worrying if it will make where I am going. Free from expensive repairs. FREE FROM CAR STRESS. I have a TriMet pass. I have a bike. Portland is small. I signed up for ZipCar. And we can rent a car or take the train for trips to Seattle or the coast. No problem. I might even be able to get some cash for the old Civic- lots of good parts in there!

Liberation feels good.

Training is all effed up this week. I can't tell if I am getting sick or if I just have allergies.. But I feel like poo. So I'm taking it easy until I feel ready to go at it again.. Bah! Scratchy throat, I hate you. Just when I am cruising along and feeling good, ready to kick it up a notch, you show up and ruin the fun..

No comments:

Post a Comment