Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Catching Up..


This is Gabe and Maren, two of my dearest friends from Summit..
It was so good to see them:)


I missed logging a couple of workouts from last week:

Thursday 5.28
Ran the waterfront loop, about 3 miles, did not time
Gymnastics at Omega: handstands, trampoline, back tuck drills, one spotted back tuck off of spring board onto 8 inch

Friday 5.29
2 basketball games at Summit, 2 hours

Sat & Sun: Rest

Monday 6.1
Back on schedule with training
1.5 hours

Tuesday 6.2
2 hours

I am going back to keeping track of my training in a notebook. I would like to be able to do both a notebook and my blog, but it just takes too much time. I am trying to do as Tim Ferriss, author of "The 4 Hour Workweek", teaches in his book: simplify things. So my blog now is only going to be for writing. I'll still write about training, of course, because it's such a big part of my life, I just won't be tracking the specifics on here.

I have a focus now. Ramman and I are going to let Rip City Fitness live throughout the summer in the parks outside.. and if it goes for longer than that, great. I am going to keep working and save some money. We are going to finish our lease at our apartment and when it is up, we will be outro. I am doing a lot of research on teaching English abroad: which certifications are the best, which countries offer the highest pay and accommodations, where Ramman and I can both work, and where we want to go. So far it seems that Korea, Japan, and Thailand have the most ideal set up. Teaching English abroad will be a smart way to travel.. start out in a place with good pay and enough hours, and then move on to other countries once the money isn't as much of a factor. And just travel. Not to mention, there are numerous places where we can take the certification course (CELTA is the one I am looking at, it's like the NSCA/ACSM certification of TEFL, although it is also the most expensive and it might be better to do a cheaper one...) like NY, DC, Thailand, Costa Rica, Mexico, etc, etc. Today I am finally going to the post office to turn in my passport application.. It's been in my bag for over a month waiting to be dropped off.. Procrastination at it's best- er worst. And the research continues.....

I've been able to reflect a little bit on my weekend up in Seattle. On Saturday morning I went to see this incredible woman, Ann Reese. She used to be a counselor but she gave up her license because she didn't agree with the lack of ethics in the processes that counselors have to take, specifically taking notes on patients and handing the notes over to the state. So she is now an Existential Phenomenologist. Now, some people might say she's a kook with a title like that, but she is philosophical, intelligent, insightful, and intuitive, and talking with her empowered me. I went to her with an open mind and curious to see what sort of insight on my own life she could offer, and it was an affirming experience. We mostly talked about my relationship with my mother and how I can be more assertive in setting boundaries with her as well as be more inviting. These two things may seem like opposites, but exercised together, hopefully, will lead to more mutual respect and understanding. She reminded me that I am a strong individual and that I am doing well. She could see things about me that I have been confused over or forgotten.. I am doing well.. and nothing is wrong with any aspect of the way that I am living my life. And I am ready to make the changes in my life as I see fit.

I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment