Sunday, May 17, 2009

Channelling Energy


Ape Cave last summer

Well, of course I was a little too ambitious going to into today, I knew I would not get to everything.. but it was still a pretty good day (minus some drama with my mama!) I got to sleep in until about 10am, had a delicious egg and veggie breakfast, spent some time alone, sat in the sun, trained for over three hours, had my brother over for a delicious chicken and veggie dinner, played around on the Internet, and chilled out. That's a good Sunday.

Shoulder stretches and prehab
Handstand work:
bent knee wall drill x10
partner drill facing wall (shift weight back & forth)
Partner backbend stretch 3x10
Backbend kickover progressions w/ panel mat- 4 panels to floor (x2)= 12 total
Muscle up work:
about 10 attempts, getting very high on rings but going out too wide at the top...

Then on to a WOD (that I made up):
Buy In:
GHD work
3x0 front
3x10 back
WOD: 21-15-9 for time 10:50
Pullups
KB "wall ball sub" 12kg
KB Snatch 12kg (21 stronger arm, 15 & 9 weaker arm)
Cash Out:
10 TGU's each side 12kg (2x5 each)
Stretch

That was about 3-31/2 hours of training today. Good stuff. I felt like I did pretty well at channelling some intense energy from my personal life into my training today. It was a rough start to the day, but I decided to take that energy and turn it into something positive, something that would bring me joy. It made me feel better. Hopefully my mom and I can get through this.

With the summer approaching I am getting excited to go on some outdoor adventures with Ramman. Hiking, climbing, the coast, Seattle, Spokane, Vancouver BC.. We have lots of places to go, people to see, and things to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment