Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Profound

On Tuesday night:
I just don't know what to do. Right now I just feel like running away. Far away. Seriously. I'm thinking that I will get my ESL certificate and just go. Ramman may come too. Maybe I need to do it alone..? Maybe it will be wonderful with him.. I just don't know. But I do know that I want to leave. I want- no I need to experience life in other cultures, learn other languages, and just be away from all of this.. This that is our society, American culture and the expectations and standards of the people that buy into it. It's all bullshit.

On Wednesday night:
I just watched the second Zeitgeist movie: Zeitgeist Addendum. It was incredibly profound. I remember crying after I saw the first Zeitgeist movie because I felt so helpless.. This one was quite different. It was empowering. Knowledge is empowering. Just when I started to feel lost and out of control of my own destiny, this movie reminded me that I can be free. I can achieve what I want to achieve, despite the system constantly trying to keep me, and others like me, down. I say fuck that. I'm going to do great things and experience life how I want to experience it. Mistakes will be made along the way, victories will be had, and it will all be wonderful. People may not agree that my decisions are the best, but they are my decisions, and I will own them no matter what they are. No decision I make is going to ruin my life. No regrets will fill my heart throughout this journey and when I'm done I will rejoice in all that was: my miraculous life.

Here is the movie.. Take action- watch it..


2 comments:

  1. Laney,

    Can I please tell you how infinitely better this blog is than the one on the GB forum? It's like reading a great novel that you don't want to put down because you want to see how the story unfolds. I wish you the best.

    -Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Brandon! That is such a nice compliment! I'm just trying to document the novel of my life, ya know? I stopped posting on the GB forum after the contest because it just takes too much time to post in multiple places, and obviously this blog is more important to me.. Plus I only do the GB wods now once or twice a week.. Anyway,I hope you are well and congrats on graduating! Thanks for reading my blog!
    ~Laney

    ReplyDelete