Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Weekend Alone

Ramman left yesterday for the Gymnastic Bodies Seminar down in California. Besides having to be at work today, I am enjoying my time alone. Apparently I have a lot of things to think about.. I think tomorrow I am going to ride my bike up to Council Crest. In the two years that I have lived in Portland, I have never been up there. I've heard you can see all of Portland and it will be a beautiful, clear, sunny day. My focus this weekend is to just be in the moment, alone.

I was planning on driving up to Olympia to celebrate my brother's birthday tonight, but driving for two hours only to not really get to hang out with him (he'll be spinning records at a dance club) and be with a bunch of strangers dancing until 2am is pretty much the opposite of what I want to do. And what I need. If I went, I wouldn't be able to take full advantage of this weekend alone, and this is something I need right now. I'm sorry Ira, I love you and happy birthday.. Linz and I are getting you an iPod:)

This week has been very challenging on a few different levels. But I think what it all boils down to is that I need to pay some serious attention to myself for a while so that I can figure out what it is that I want to do. More on that tomorrow...........

Friday's WOD:
(I had low energy and just wanted to move a bit, so this wasn't timed or too intense..)
4 Rounds:
10 GHD Situps
10 GHD Back Extensions
10 GHD Side Arches
10 KB Swings 16kg

No comments:

Post a Comment