Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday Night in the Garage


Tonight Ramman and I had a great training session in our garage. 2 hours of uninterrupted skills training and a WOD at the end. It is so nice to be able to just go downstairs to our own little sacred place and do what we love to do.
Here's what I did:

Ab series (as part of my warmup)
-20 V-Ups
-20 Lemon Squeezes
-20 Side Arches each side
-40 Russian Twists
-40 Arch-Ups
Get Up-Sit Ups 3x5 each side- 8kg
Bent knee handstand drill x20
Partner backbend stretch 3x10
Backbend progressions on panel mats x6 (3 each side) 4 panels down to 2
Queda De Rins x12 (6 each side)
WOD:
3 rounds for time-
3 TGUs each side- 12kg
10 KB SDLHP- 20kg
5 KB Clean & Press- 16kg
10 KB Swings-16kg
Time= 11:15

Then off to New Seasons we went for some Dragon Thighs (YUM!).

Last night I also made these delicious little gluten-free carrot muffins. Since they are made with coconut flour, really the only carbs that they have come from the carrots, currants, and the tiny bit of honey (about 1/8 cup) I used (instead of 1/4 cup yacon syrup). And they are delicious. Of course I made them a bit non-paleo by adding some maple syrup-cream cheese on top. But I figure having a little bit of organic dairy is better than having gluten and refined sugar. I don't feel at all guilty about this treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment