Friday, May 1, 2009

It's a TIE..

(This is what we make Toro do on his 3 ft tall scratching post/perch...)

Wow. I went to bed last night and I was down by 4 votes. I woke up this morning and it is tied. Incredible! So now we are in the middle of a tie-breaker.. We have until Monday to get as many votes as possible, and then that's it. Just when I thought it was over, I got another chance! So, if anyone out there who reads my blog and hasn't voted yet, vote for me! If you don't know how, let me know and I'll send you the info.

Today I felt super tired and sluggish. I think I am slightly affected by the abundant pollen in the air. A lot of people, including Ramman, have super bad allergies this time of year, luckily mine aren't that bad- but just enough to throw me off. So I ended up taking a SUPER long nap. I peeled myself out of bed to go down to the garage for a wod. I was extremely unmotivated and fatigued, so naturally I threw something terrible at myself. Melissa Byers, co-owner of CrossFit 603 in New Hampshire, talked about this wod on Facebook a few days ago.. So of course I had to check it out. Silly me... I went into it trying to beat her score, and ended up getting the EXACT same same score. Here's what it is:

20 Minutes for Rounds:
12 DB Squat Cleans (I used KBs)- 12kg
9 Pullups
6 Burpees

Those squat cleans SUCKED. I got 6 rounds + 3 cleans..

At 603 they have a pretty cool WOD structure with a "Buy In" which is not necessarily part of the warmup, but it's what you do before you get to do the WOD. And then there's the "Cash Out", which is performed after you are done with the WOD. I think this is genius because it gives you the opportunity to have a more structured hour, getting a good warmup, some skill work (usually what the Buy In is), th WOD, and a little extra work with the Cash Out. I think I'll start incorporating this style more with my own workouts and my clients'.

Buy In: 5 TGUs each side
Cash Out: 3 rounds of 5 each side of "Get Up, Sit Up" (see it at the wod link above..)

No comments:

Post a Comment