Monday, May 11, 2009

This WOD made me furious..


Shoulder pre-hab & stretching
Bent knee wall handstand drill x10
Muscle Up Attempts x10 (FURY)

GB WOD:
10 Depth Jumps
30 seconds Jumping Deck Squats (FURY)
40' Arch Hollow Snaps (these really suck=FURY)

2x30 seconds Weighted Pike Stretch

Also:
10 minutes on Step Mill= 62 floors
20V-Ups
40 Lemon Squeezes
20Arch-Ups

It was strange. I felt okay going in to the workout, but once I got to the first set of arch hollow snaps, I just got angry. Plus, I was a little frustrated with my muscle up attempts because I have started to feel somewhat apathetic about actually ACHIEVING a muscle up, since I have ben trying for so freakin' long. I know that attitude won't get me there. Sometimes this is how workouts are for me, but not often. I just feel furious. Why? I can't quite explain. I think it's mostly from frustration of not being good at one particular thing.. Or I feel like my body isn't cooperating.. Or it's just plain hard. Sometimes the fury can be detrimental to training, but sometimes it can add fuel to the ever-burning fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment