Monday, March 30, 2009

Daily Double- Yikes!

This is one of my favorite pics from a frisbee tournament a couple of years ago. Yes, I caught it.

Holy Painstorm!

Rip City WOD:
7 rounds for time-
Run 200 meters
15 Jump Squats
10 L-Pullups
10 Divebomber Pushups

34:38

*For my pullups I did 2 real L-Pullups in the first round then switched to Leglift-Pullup (basically just doing a leglift and then a pullup each rep) for rounds 1, 3 & 5. Rounds 2,4,6 & 7 were regular kipping pullups.

Later in the day: (maybe it wasn't such a good idea to do that first WOD)

GB WOD-
Complete four rounds:
1 minute Wall HS
15 Swinging Dips (these were super hard and ugly)
20' L-sit Walk (even though Coach Sommer said not to substitute anything for these, they are not physically possible at this point for me so I did 20 seconds of L-Sit Hold each round)

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

I don't really know what I was thinking this morning when I woke up and decided to do two WODS today. I like to do this a couple days a week ONLY if the GB WOD isn't super intense- but today it was and I went ahead and totally pre-fatigued myself for it. Both WODS were super hard and I'm tired. I was planning on doing some muscle up work today too, but it might have to wait until tomorrow. The last thing I need is for overtraining to rear it's ugly head. I will eat plenty of food and drink lots of water today, STRETCH and ROLL.
On another note: Ramman and I are applying for the reality show "The Amazing Race". While I am not a t.v. watcher at all, I have gotten hooked on watching this show online. We have to fill out this super long application and make a 3 minute long video. The video can be anything- however we think we can get the casting peoples attention. So we are going to put together a highlight reel of as many of our workouts, tricks, and impressive athletic moves that we can. Plus we have to talk a little about why we would be good on the show and why we are a strong team, etc. Are you kidding me?! If we get on this show, we're winning that shiz. I'm super excited for this possibility. We're going all out to get on.. what an awesome adventure that would be! Plus, I've travelled so little that I don't even have a freakin' passport. I NEED something like this in my life. Super stoked..

1 comment:

  1. Any girl who can do L-pull-ups is TOTALLY my friend. :) Thanks for the props, hot stuff. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete