Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Serious Rings

GB WOD-

Perform:

3 sets of Muscle Up - Bulgarian Dip - roll backward to Back Lever - pull out to Front Lever - Muscle Up - Bulgarian Dip - roll backward to Back Lever - pull out to Front Lever.
3x5 Body Levers

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions

HOLY CRAP. That was a hard ring series. I was able to go through each move continuously with a spotter. The only move that I didn't need the spot for was the bulgarian dip, all the rest I needed a little support getting from one to the next and going to the right spot in the levers. It was interesting doing the whole series. This was the first time that I haven't broken up the series into each separate exercise and it was super hard, even with a spotter. The backward roll into back lever (tucked for me) was sort of scary to do while I felt my grip getting weaker. Plus I didn't quite "get" the bending of the elbows to slowly lower myself back. Check out set #2:



I also did 3x10 GHD Sit-ups, I've never really done these and now I'm in love with them. We are saving up to get a GHD for the garage, want it so bad!! Also up high on the wish list are: Concept II Rower, Barbell, Medicine Balls, Sandbags, oh and a video camera. This is where our clients' money is going to go, so come on people!

Muscle Up Update: Still don't have it. Did a total of 6 spotted in the ring series today, and then 3 attempts after the WOD. I am so sore and tired that my attempts left a lot to be desired, um, like getting it..? Yeah. Tomorrow is gymnastics class and I am determined to put some good work in without tearing my wrists open.

I'm feeling super good so far this week. My diet has been great and I haven't written a lick of down:) The question is, when should I rest? At this point I may not take a rest day until Friday, unless my body tells me otherwise. We'll see. I need to be careful to not wait until my body starts freaking out to take a rest day. I've done something for 5 days in a row, although I am not really counting Sunday since it was just my basketball game and it wasn't all that strenuous.

Off to make some chicken and black bean chili!

No comments:

Post a Comment