Monday, April 13, 2009

What a fun weekend..


This weekend I went to Bend, Oregon with some of the most fun people I have in my life. Every year we go to this frisbee tournament called Gandy Goose and every year we lose in the final and come in second. But every year it is an EPIC weekend. We always pick a theme so that we can dress and act accordingly.. two years ago we all dressed as WHAM! and wore as many florescent colors as we could. We showed up at the party on Saturday night wearing all white and singing "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go!". We definitely won the party that year. Last year our theme was "onesies", so what we wore on the field had to be one piece. Mary brought this amazing skin tight denim jumpsuit with a zipper down the front that was so tight it kind of sling-shotted my legs forward as I ran. I think it may have made me run faster. All the women on the team passed that baby around. This year we were "The Outsiders" fully equipped with Greaser outfits that consisted of switch-blade combs and cigarettes (which were lit and "pretend smoked" by some, but even that is too disgusting for me so I just posed with an unlit cigarette behind my ear), bandanas, jean skirts, and jeans. And Soc outfits of polo shirts and pink lipstick. It was awesome. Our team name this year was "Stay Silver" since that's what we do every year. It's not that we don't want to win, or don't try to win. We all are competitive athletes. But somehow, we just never win the final.. and it's always against the same freakin' team. So, inevitably with this group of people, even thinking about actually winning has turned into a huge joke. But, at the same time, it's pretty aggrivating to lose to the same assholes every year. Oh well, maybe next year..?

So after a weekend of debauchery and lots of running, I am completely wiped out. It's hard to eat well and not party at these tournaments, sonce partying is one of the major aspects. But a couple of cheat meals and having some beers with good friends is worth it. Besides, we run our asses off too.

Today I didn't do anything but get an hour long massage from my new favorite person, Amy. She worked the sh*t out of my back and it hurt like hell. A good hurt, a hurt that needed and still needs to happen. I would like to get to the point financially where I can afford a massage once a week, because my body needs it for sure.

This week I'll back on the good eating and smart training. Today my waking pulse was 66 beats per minute, about 10 beats per minute higher than normal (a sign of over training), hopefully that will go down tomorrow because I don't feel like taking a break. I think today was a good recovery day so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment